Select Special Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Respiratory Therapist, you will provide quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Team, develop and ensure the patient plan of care collaboration with physicians, registered nurses, therapists, PT/OT/SLP therapists and nursing assistants.
Other responsibilities of the Respiratory Therapist position include:
- Evaluating patient and recommends a treatment plan
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes
- Performing timely and accurate documentation
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
As a Respiratory Therapist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Respiratory Therapist role include:
- Graduate of a respiratory care program
- Current licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the state
- Being a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Current BLS
- ACLS to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude