GET BACK TO OUR GRASSROOTS!
YOUR EFFORTS WORKED, and they WILL work again!
It's time for the Summer Grassroots Campaign! Now that the BREATHE Act has a number (H.R. 2508), we need your help to build on the momentum.
What are we lobbying for this time?
- We need to build support (including additional sponsors) for H.R. 2508, the Better Respiration through Expanding Access to Tele-HEalth (BREATHE) Act. This legislation calls for a 3-year pilot program that enables respiratory therapists to provide disease management education inhaler technique education, self-management skills, tobacco cessation, etc.) via telehealth services. This will allow the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to collect data demonstrating the added value and cost-effectiveness the unique skills and knowledge of RTs bring to patient care.
- We also need companion legislation in the Senate in order to expedite the process of it becoming law.
What can I do?There are several ways you can show your support for our colleagues headed to Washington and the overall effort! All it takes is a few minutes of your time, and a few clicks of the mouse/taps on your mobile device:
- Go to the AARC's Take Action Now webpage. All you have to do is select the category that fits you best (RT, student, patient, physician, or supporter) and enter your contact information. The Phone2Action system will automatically send the pre-designed email to your entire Congressional delegation with one click! You are able to add to or otherwise customize the message text as you see fit, as well. The system is also able to call and tweet at your delegation, too!
- Share the link with your networks! ANYONE can submit messages, and the more unique senders we get, the more powerful the message becomes. Share it with your staff, your clinical colleagues (nurses, physicians, PT/OT, speech, everybody), even your patients, family, and neighbors.
- Download images from the AARC Social Media Toolkit and share them online! There are cover photos available for Facebook and Twitter, as well as pre-written posts to help send a clear and unified message that everyone's breathing matters!